5 Mistakes With Clients
Many of us have made mistakes dealing with clients from time to time. But, I have my own list of things I need to be sure to do or not do while working with clients.
Here is my list:
1. Not Signing a Contract. I know…contracts can be broken. But, be sure to have one signed anyway. It will help if you have any problems along the way.
2. Referrals. This one is a little tricky, but if you have a good rapore with your client you should ask for referrals. How? After you are sure that they are very happy with your work.
3. Following Up. This is critical in any business. Following up is showing that you are someone who can be counted on to do what is necessary. You should follow up after sending your quote just to be sure they have received it. Then call a couple of days after that to see if they have any questions. If after that call try calling back in another week.
4. New Clients. Always be on the lookout for new clients. We all get complacent when working on a project and forget that we need another one once that one is finished. Keep searching.
5. Discounts. This is the problem many designers face. I my opinion discounts in any business always cheapen the project. If you are absolutely wanting the business give a higher cost and then you can give a discount and still make the money you need. A kind of reverse psychology.
I will be posting more tips in another post.
The Creative Tablet