Creative block can prove to put your projects on hold. How many times have you sat there and tried to come up with an idea for a creative project? Happens to me, but there is a way to avoid it. How? Use these simple tips to help eliminate creative block:
1.Get inspired. Go on-line or in publications to see what others are doing. This will help get the creative juices flowing. But don’t copy the work. Just use it for inspiration in your project.
2. Leave the text messages and emails for a specific time of the day. They can be very distracting and you don’t need to be distracted while trying to be creative.
3. Watch movies or read some books. Movies can really get the creative juices flowing and books can spur your imagination while reading.
4. Brainstorm. If you have a co-worker of friend you may be able to work together on some ideas to see who has another opinion.
5. Leave the finality behind. This is a time for rough draft ideas. Don’t be concerned with the final product. If you can think it you can probably create it.
6. Turn off your phone. Phones can be very distracting so turn it off while brainstorming so you don’t loose that flow. If it is important they will leave you a message.
7. Don’t get distracted from other things you need to do. Stay focused on the project.
8. Walk away from the computer. That’s right. Walk away. Taking time away from the computer can help you re-focus on the project. Go out to a park,library or your favorite coffee shop. Don’t forget to take your laptop or pad to make notes.
These ideas do work because I deal with creative block at times and tired them successfully. Let me know how they work for you and good luck in your design project.
The Creative Tablet