7 Creative Block Relieving Tips.
Are you stuck in creative idea limbo? We all get stuck there from time-to-time, but we have found several ways of getting out.
1. Get Out. That’s right. Get out of your studio or wherever you work. Take a walk, go for coffee or somewhere away from your work. This helps you to re-focus and get back to work feeling refreshed.
2. Mistakes. Yeah we all make mistakes and that can be good. How? Because mistakes can show you the right direction to go with your work. If you made a mistake just fix it. Not sure how to fix it? Ask a friend or colleague.
3. Distractions. These can kill your time, day and your design project. What are distractions? I think you already know, but here goes. Emails are the biggest time wasters…at least that is what I have found. So what can you do to avoid email time wasting. Just check you emails in the morning and towards the end of the day unless you are waiting for something important. Also surfing. This also waste a a lot of time so find what you really need on-line and get back to work.
4. Environment. Believe it or not your environment can make it hard to work. If you have your own office make it a fun place but decorating with inspirational items that will encourage creativity. Go to our Designers’ Studios page to see what other designer’s are doing in their offices. The same holds true if you are working in a cubicle. Bring in some thing to make it fun and creative, but check with management first to be sure the items are ok. Don’t want to get you in trouble with your boss.
5. Music. A great way to help get you through the day. I listen to classical and movie score music because it is soothing and calming. You can listen to whatever you like, but be sure it doesn’t have you too distracted singing out loud…unless you are in a home office.
6. Schedule. This is a must to get through the day productively. Set a schedule the day before so you can follow a strict path to get things done. Don’t try to remember just write it down and stick to it. Remember Walt Disney used the work “stick-to-it-tiveness”
7. Goals. Setting goals is very important if you want to achieve success in your work By setting goals it forces you to concentrate on the important aspects of your work.
To your success and great designs. Have other tips please let us know in the comments section. Thanks.
The Creative Tablet.